How to get paid to take care of a family member with a disability?
You may be eligible to be a Paid Caregiver for a Family Member at Home!
The Structured Family Caregiving program (SFC) offers financial and support services to Georgia families that deliver care at home for a senior or disabled person.
What are the requirements to be a family caregiver?
You may meet SFC requirements and be eligible for financial compensation if:
- You live in the home with the person as the primary caregiver and are least 18 years of age.
- Are related biologically as a daughter, grandson, etc. or are related through marriage as a daughter-in-law, son-in-law, etc. Spouses and legal guardians are not eligible.
- The person you care for is Georgia Medicaid-eligible and participates under the CCSP or SOURCE waiver program.
Benefits of Being a Family Caregiver.
- Receive weekly compensation.
- Receive health coaching and guidance from our HomeNurse SFC Staff.
Services That Can Be Provided By Caregiver.
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Hygiene
- Managing appointments and medication.
- Other tasks that provide quality of life and safety for daily living.